You can withdraw your objection to a company being removed from the Companies Register, but you must provide a reason for withdrawing your objection.
How to withdraw your objection
There are 2 ways you can withdraw an objection:
- online — if you lodged your objection online
- by email — if you objected in writing.
There's no charge for withdrawing an objection.
Withdrawing your objection online
To withdraw an objection online you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Companies Register.
Log in and follow these steps.
- From the menu, choose Withdraw an existing objection.
- Your existing objections are displayed. If you have more than 1, choose the objection you wish to withdraw.
- Select Withdraw objection.
- Write the reason you want to withdraw your objection in the text box that appears.
- Select Browse or Choose file to upload any supporting documents.
- Select Withdraw objection — this permanently withdraws your objection.
Your withdrawal is automatically accepted. The objection is marked as Withdrawn in the list of objections on your dashboard.Withdraw an objection to removal
Withdrawing your objection by email
To withdraw your objection by email, write to us.
In your request:
- include the name of the company
- tell us the reason you want to withdraw your objection
- attach any supporting documents.
If you're taking over from the person who originally lodged the objection, send us confirmation that you have authority to withdraw the objection.
We process your request within 5 working days. We'll tell you:
- we've withdrawn your objection, or
- why we couldn't accept your request.